A quick guide to Venice, Italy
1. Where to stay- on a budget We stayed at the PLUS Venice (chain of hostels) called Plus camping. The cabins were adorable and felt like luxury after staying in 10bed dorms. The camping ground has a pool, bar and restaurant.
Every afternoon was spent drinking cocktail buckets in the hostels pool, followed by a party at the bar.
2. Suggested length of stay. 2-4 days is all you need in Venice. The city is mesmerising and provides lots of entertainment,, however, ao found it easy to achieve in a single day and night.
Seven must do’s
1. First things first, Gondola ride is a must.
2. Visit the Piazza San Marco, Saint marks Basilica and Doge’s Palace
3. Walk across Rialto bridge and discover the markets.
5. Gaze at the Grand Canal….
6. Get to the top of the Campanile ( I wish I did this. I’ve now learnt that the Best photos are from above every city ) A friend told me that you can get an elevator to the top.
7. Simply wander.
Have you been to Venice? What tips would you add to my list?